Last updated: January 1, 2023
You can read more about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (herein referred to as “COPPA”) by clicking on this COPPA link. You may also reference kidSAFE Seal Program’s one-page information guide.
Terms for this policy
“Forever Homeschooling,” “us,” “we,” or “our” refers to Forever Homeschooling, LLC.
“Members” refers to Parent/Guardian account holders and Student account holders.
“Member Content” refers to all text, images, video, audio, documents, or other materials that are uploaded, shared, or otherwise displayed by Members through their account on the Website.
“Parent/Guardian” refers to a Member that is at least 18 years old and has legal custody of a Student.
“Register” and “Registration” refer to the creation of an account on the Website.
“Student” refers to a Member that is under the age of 18 years old, the legal dependent of a Parent/Guardian, and currently residing in the household of a Parent/Guardian.
“Subscribe” and “Subscription” refer to the automatically recurring payments from a Parent/Guardian to Forever Homeschooling. An actively paid Subscription is required for Students to have and maintain access to the Website.
“Team” or “Educators” refers to our owners.
“Website” refers to https://foreverhomeschooling.com in its entirety.
“You” refers to Members and potential Members collectively.
About Forever Homeschooling and this policy
Company name: Forever Homeschooling, LLC
Mailing Address: 328 Stiles Ave, Orange Park, FL 32073
Contact email: email@example.com
Forever Homeschooling is a subscription learning platform where Students enjoy watching fun, educational lessons and socializing virtually with other Students about what they are learning. Our Educators provide LIVE interactive lessons, LIVE social clubs, recorded lessons, and many social features including joining groups, commenting, and liking content. Students are encouraged to share what they are working on in their homeschooling adventure for other Students and our Team to provide supportive feedback.
It is important that you read all of the Policies and by using www.foreverhomeschooling.com, you confirm that you have read and understood the Policies. You can email us with any questions you have about the Policies at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal information from Students and the rights of Parents/Guardians
We do not ask the age of your Students. As such, we treat all Students as if they are under the age of 13 and are therefore protected under COPPA. Students cannot create a Forever Homeschooling account on their own. A Parent/Guardian must Register an account for their Student after purchasing a Subscription to the Website.
If you are a Student, please do not send any personal information about yourself or your family to us without asking your Parent/Guardian for permission first. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a Student without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe your Student has provided us personal information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
Occasionally, COPPA requires us to obtain verifiable parental consent (herein referred to as “VPC”). There are several methods for us to obtain VPC that are COPPA approved. Forever Homeschooling utilizes the following:
- Monetary purchase – Purchase of a Subscription is your VPC to the Policies on behalf of yourself and the Students you Register under your Subscription. Additionally, your Registration of an account for your Student is your VPC for your Student to access the Website.
- Video conference – We may request a video conference with a Parent/Guardian. When this is needed, we will reach out to Parents/Guardians via e-mail to set up a video conference.
When a Parent/Guardian Registers an account for their Student, we collect basic information to finalize the Student’s account such as name, login credentials, and display name/username. Do not use your legal name or your Student’s legal name in any fields that refer to display name or username for your protection since they are visible to other Members. Entry fields for first and last name are not visible to other Members, therefore you are to use your legal names in these fields as required by our Terms and Conditions.
Due to the social nature of the Website, Students have plenty of opportunities to voluntarily submit Member Content and interact with other Student’s Member Content. These submissions are visible to other Members . Student communication during real-time interactive video sessions provided through the Website and hosted by our Educators (herein referred to as “LIVE Video Recordings”) are stored locally for up to 7 days before they are deleted from our records. Member Content is not deleted unless it is a breach of any of the Policies, the author of the content deletes it themselves, the Student’s Parent/Guardian requests for us to delete it, the Student’s Parent/Guardian Subscription is no longer active, or for any reason as laid out in our Terms and Conditions. We utilize human monitoring and hold most submissions in a moderation queue. Students should not submit any personal information they have not received consent to submit or that violates any of the Policies or applicable laws. We are not responsible for any content submitted and viewed by other Members or how those Members use that information. If we become aware that there is personal information on the Website that was not approved by a Parent/Guardian or that violates any of the Policies or applicable laws, we will delete it immediately.
Parents/Guardians have the legal right to access personal information regarding their Student. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about your Student. We will respond with a request for your 4-digit Identification Code to verify your identity. After confirming your Identification Code with our records, we will process your request. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you or your Student. This does not include any data we are obligated to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
What personal information do we collect and why?
We collect information from Members and non-Members so that we can provide, personalize, and improve the Website and our services, provide Parents/Guardians and Students with accounts and profiles, and allow Students to interact with other Students through the Website. We request and display some personal information to other Members which allows Members to identify each other (such as display name/username).
You may choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to Register an account or take advantage of our numerous features and services. The information you provide is used for such purposes as obtaining parental consent, answering questions, responding to your requests for certain information, improving the content of the Website, attributing submitted Member Content, allowing Students to communicate with each other, and communicating with you about your Student, the Website, and our services.
We collect the following types of information:
- Collected automatically:
- IP address, browser type, operating system, device information, location area, and network information. This information is vital for the Website to display properly on your device, flag and fight spam, provide and maintain the Website and our services, analyze how the Website is being used, and for Website maintenance and repair.
- Usage information. We gather data from your use of the Website to enable us to determine how you engage with the Website and our services so that we can make improvements.
- Collected when you contact us: Please do not share personal information using these contact methods.
- Direct email: When you send us an email, your IP address, name, email, and message content are collected. This is standard information that is sent with all emails. We use your name, email, and message content to respond to emails we receive.
- Collected during the Registration process:
- The number of Students in your home. This is used to set up your Subscription properly. (Parents/Guardians ONLY)Display name/username to represent your account across the Website. Do not use your real name for your display name/username because this is visible for other Members to see.Email address for contact and login purposes.First and last name so that our Team can identify an account. This is not displayed for other Members to see.Password is for you to login. This is secret and only the account holder knows this information.Billing address. We collect this information to apply and collect appropriate sales tax for remittance to your billing address’s state based on our nexus in your state. (Parents/Guardians ONLY)4-digit Identification Code. This is only visible to the account holder and our Team. We ask for this Identification Code in instances where COPPA requires us to obtain VPC. Do not let your Students have access to this information.Name of your homeschool which is used to identify which Parent/Guardian account is associated with Student accounts. If you do not have a name for your homeschool, you can make one up for the purposes of the Website. (Parents/Guardians ONLY)
- Your agreement to the Policies is logged into our system with a timestamp. (Parents/Guardians ONLY)
- Billing: (Parents/Guardians ONLY)
- Collected after Registration:
- Part of the functionality of Forever Homeschooling is to allow Students to upload share Member Content to the Website and connect with each other virtually. These submissions are visible to other Members and are not to be considered private in any way. Students may only use the Website under direct supervision from their Parent/Guardian. We utilize human monitoring and hold most Member Content submissions in a moderation queue. Students should not submit any personal information they have not received parental consent to submit or that violates the Policies or applicable laws. We are not responsible for any content submitted and viewed by other Members or how those Members use that information. If we learn that there is personal information on the Website that was not approved by a Parent/Guardian or violates any of the Policies or applicable laws, we will delete it immediately.
- Another wonderful part of the Website’s functionality is the ability for Members to join Educators for LIVE Video Recordings. Students joining in these LIVE Video Recordings have the ability to turn their camera and microphone on/off. Students with their camera or microphone on may be seen or heard by other Members attending the LIVE Video Recording. All LIVE Video Recordings are automatically recorded with local storage. We retain these recordings for up to 7 days, then we completely delete the recorded portions that contain Student audio or video. If you do not want your Student to turn their camera or microphone on, you can adjust the settings in your browser to block access.
- We are not responsible for Member Content shared during LIVE Video Recordings.
- Do not share personal information in LIVE Video Recordings.
- We reserve the right to remove any Member exhibiting unacceptable behavior without warning.
- All accounts are equipped with a Learning Dashboard. This dashboard helps keep track of which courses you have started, completed, or added to a wishlist for later. Inside courses, lessons can be manually marked as completed.
Is your information secure?
All personal information held within your account on the Website is protected by the account password set up by you for your privacy and security. You need to ensure there is no unauthorized access to your account and personal information by selecting unique login credentials and protecting your password appropriately such as limiting access to your device, signing off when you are not actively using your account, and not saving your password where unauthorized persons may find it such as storing it on a shared device.
The Website has a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate which helps keep collected data secure. An SSL certificate is a small data file that cryptographically establishes an encrypted link between a web server and a browser ensuring that all data passed between the web server and browser remain private.
We strive to keep your information private. However, the internet cannot be guaranteed to be fully secure, nor can we guarantee security of any content or information you provide us. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of Member information.
Under what circumstances do we share your information?
We do not disclose your information to third-parties unless it is necessary such as:
- Some information you voluntarily provide to Forever Homeschooling may be displayed for other Members to see and can be collected and used by other Members in ways we cannot control. This includes your display name/username, posts, comments, answers to profile questions, audio and video during LIVE Video Recordings, etc.
- We may release personal information or Students’ personal information when we believe in good faith that such release is necessary to comply with the law; to protect the rights, property, and/or safety of Forever Homeschooling, our Team, Members, or others; to enforce our Policies; to investigate fraud; or to respond to a government request.
- In the unlikely event that Forever Homeschooling or all of its assets are acquired or otherwise transferred or Forever Homeschooling goes out of business or files bankruptcy, Member information may be transferred to or acquired by third-parties. You will be notified of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information along with your choices regarding your personal information.
How long do we retain your personal information?
Forever Homeschooling retains collected personal information for as long as the Subscription is active and we have not received a request for deletion or for as long as necessary to provide the Website and our services to you or to fulfill a request. Students who join LIVE Video Recordings may have their shared information (i.e. audio recording, video recording, and comments from the chat feature) stored locally for up to 7 days before complete deletion. Further, we may retain personal information as we deem necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and to enforce Policies and agreements. Additionally, when a Student account is no longer active, we delete their Member Content from the Website.
When a Parent/Guardian Subscription is no longer active, we delete all the personal information we have stored from and about their Students. This is required by law. If the Parent/Guardian reactivates their Subscription, they will need to Register new accounts for their Student(s).
Data deletion does not include any data we are obligated to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Selling data to third parties
We do not sell data to third parties.
We may link to external websites for products we recommend or as suggested resources for Students to utilize to further their studies. We have implemented a pop-up notice to inform Students when they are leaving this Website, however, we cannot guarantee that it will always work and highly recommend you always check the URL of any link prior to clicking on it. Product links, including affiliate links, are only visible to Parent/Guardian accounts and, therefore, the pop-up notice is not set up to appear for all product or affiliate links. You are not protected by our Policies and practices when you visit a third party website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or policies on other websites. We highly recommend that you read the privacy policies on those other websites before using their website, products, or services.
Affiliate links disclosure
Aggregated data is data that is derived from personal information but is aggregated and, therefore, anonymous enough to not reasonably be used to identify you. We use aggregated data for analytical purposes to improve the Website and provide you with the best experience with our service. This includes information such as demographic and behavior metrics.
Do not track disclosure
Do Not Track (DNT) is a preference you can set in your browser settings to inform websites that you do not want your online activity to be tracked. Because we do not track your activity over time and across third-party websites, the Forever Homeschooling Website does not respond to DNT signals.
When you create an account on the Website, we may send you emails about your account, your Subscription, relevant social notifications such as responses to your Member Content, notice of course completion with a link to a printable certificate, and general administrative messages. Most of the emails we send are important reminders or updates and the only way to opt out of them is to end your Subscription. Emails about social interactions are optional and can be toggled on or off easily. You just need to log in using a computer, click on your profile image on the top menu bar (next to your notifications icon). Click on Email Notifications in the drop-down and you will be directed to your social email settings.
We do not send marketing emails.
How can you opt out of data collection?
You can always opt not to disclose information you do not wish to disclose. Doing so may diminish your experience or limit your access to the Website, its features, or our services.
You can request account and data deletion at any time by sending your request via email to email@example.com or using the contact form. For faster processing, please use the Subject “Data Deletion Request” for the email. We may retain some information about your account for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How to review, update, or delete your information
Members can update their information through their account.
Parents/Guardians: You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you or your Student. We will respond with a request for your 4-digit Identification Code to verify your identity. After confirming your Identification Code with our records, we will process your request. For faster processing, please use the Subject “Personal Data Request” for the email. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you or your Student. For faster processing, please use the Subject “Data Deletion Request” for the email. Account and data deletion does not include any data we are obligated to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Students: You need to have your Parent/Guardian email us these types of requests.
Forever Homeschooling reserves the right to terminate any service provided to a Student whose Parent/Guardian has refused to permit our use or collection of personal information from the Student or has directed us to delete the Student’s personal information. Likewise, Forever Homeschooling reserves the right to terminate any service provided to a Parent/Guardian who has refused to permit our use or collection of their personal information or has directed us to delete their information. The termination of a Parent/Guardian account means all associated Student accounts are also terminated.
Additional information for California residents
For the purposes of this section, “personal information” is defined by the California Civil Code § 1798.140(o). California residents are afforded specific rights in accordance with this Civil Code including the right to know, delete, and opt out of certain data collection activities.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the following rights:
- RIGHT TO KNOW, RIGHT TO ACCESS
- You can submit a verifiable request to email@example.com for an exported file of the personal information we have collected from you in the past 12 months. For faster processing, please use the Subject “Personal Data Request” for the email.
- You can submit a verifiable request to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to delete any personal information we have collected about you, subject to certain exceptions. We will delete your personal information from our records unless an exception applies. For faster processing, please use the Subject “Data Deletion Request” for the email.
- You can update your personal information through your account.
- RIGHT TO NON-DISCRIMINATION FOR EXERCISE OF RIGHTS
- We will not discriminate against you for exercising your legal rights (i.e. you will not be charged additional fees and you will not receive a lower quality of service).
Requests for access to or deletion of personal information are subject to our ability to reasonably verify your identity and pursuant to relevant legal requirements, regulations, and limitations. If we need additional information to verify your identity, we will contact you to request that information. As permitted by law, you may designate an authorized agent to make the request on your behalf. If you choose to use an agent, we may require additional verification from them in response to a request. You may also make a verifiable request on behalf of your Student.
We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personal data to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
In the last 12 months, we have collected and used personal information from California residents as described in the section above titled “What personal information do we collect and why?” In the last 12 months, we have disclosed personal information with limited third parties as described in the section above titled “Under what circumstances do we share your information?” In the last 12 months, we have not sold any personal information we have collected from anyone.
If we make material changes to our data collection, use, and disclosure practices regarding personal information we collect from Students, we will notify Parents/Guardians by email to obtain VPC for the new uses of Students’ personal information.
Updated January 15, 2022: Credit card payment support has been added to the Website using Stripe as a third-party processor. This policy has been updated to reflect this additional payment method option.
Updated July 25, 2022: Removed information regarding a 3rd party which is no longer used by Forever Homeschooling.
Updated January 1, 2023: The formerly named “Security PIN” has been renamed “Identification Code.”